Thousands of details have been considered in pursuit of a single goal: make getting, playing, and managing audiobooks a delightful experience.
Sliders are difficult with long audio. If you mis-slide, you can’t get back to where you were, making it very easy to lose your place. For this reason, Book Mower has no position scrubber. Instead, the app provides customizable skip buttons: jump by specific amounts in either direction.
A Driving Mode makes listening to audiobooks in the car safer. The screen becomes tap-to-play/pause and swipe-to-skip.
Book Mower continues playing in the background after leaving the app, and automatically transitions between parts of books.
Book Mower will keep track of your progress with automatically created bookmarks. Events, such as chapter transitions, interruptions (like phone calls), and app suspensions, get bookmarked. Just tapping Pause will create a bookmark also, so you don’t have to do anything special to create one. Then, if you customize any bookmarks — change their name, color, position or notes, — they become permanent, and you can export them as HTML/CSV/Text.
The Sleep Timer has features like shake-to-add-time, auto screen dimming, and it bookmarks when the timer started and ended, so you can easily pick up where you dozed off.
Playback Speed Controls offer fine-grained adjustment, with non-linear increments: from slightly faster to double speed.
Book Mower works great with remote controls, like Bluetooth or Apple headphones. With any audio, you can play/pause remotely. If you listen to DRM-free audiobooks, you can also skip +/- 30 seconds, and create bookmarks even while the app is backgrounded.
Complete control over audio files:
– Reorder parts/chapters.
– Rename audiobooks and parts/chapters.
– Cover artwork can be added or replaced — just a simple copy-and-paste of any image from web or photo library. Use hi-res images for Retina display devices.
– Download/delete/re-download audio files whenever you want.
Redirect audio output with AirPlay support.
Get, play and manage audio content from a wide variety of sources — iTunes, Audible.com, Librivox.org, CDs, public library downloads, … .
Free Audiobooks included:
Search or Browse through thousands of titles available from Librivox.org directly in the app. Browse and add to your Bookshelf, then download when you are ready to listen.
iTunes Audiobook Store is built right in: browse the most popular titles and search the entire catalog.
Audio File Types Supported:
– DRM-enabled content (from Audible.com or iTunes Store)
– non-DRM content (from web downloads, CDs, etc.)
– M4B audiobooks, including chapters, artwork
– MP3 audio files, including artwork, ID3 tags
– import individual audio files or Zip archives (including artwork image files)
Audio Import Options (for mp3, m4b, or zip files):
– add from on-device iTunes Library (required for DRM-enabled audio, like from Audible)
– use iTunes File Sharing (no syncing required)
– Open in… Book Mower from Dropbox, and most other cloud storage systems
– use a web browser on your computer to transfer files.
Try it for free! Try it as a FREE TRIAL with 5 audiobooks for up to 60 days, then only $3.99 for unlimited audiobooks.